Getting your website ready for the mobile-first approach is a time taking process. Mobile garners almost 51.56% of web traffic and web page views globally. Also, 64% of the entire Google organic search traffic is attained from mobile devices.
Courtesy of the surge in smartphone usage, people have made their way to the handy smartphones for surfing the internet instead of going for those bulky laptops and PCs. Nowadays, almost every website has a mobile version too, and those businesses who still haven’t got their website optimized for mobiles are bound to lose leads and conversions. Also, your website becomes virtually invisible that could hurt your rankings massively.
Google has been tweaking its algorithm consistently to get along the theory of website optimized for mobiles. People generally think it is tough to optimizing your site for mobile usage. However, this isn’t true. We will be discussing this topic ahead in this post and will have a closer look at what is, why it is essential, and how to optimize your website for mobile.
Understanding Mobile SEO
In simple terms, Mobile SEO is nothing but optimizing your website for mobile devices. It is an SEO technique that boosts the visibility of websites in the search results of mobile-device and also helps in expediting user experience. Some of the salient features of a mobile-friendly site include,
- It is easy to understand for the search engines
- It loads fast
- Loads seamlessly on mobile devices
- The site has readable content so that the users are not required to zoom the page
The importance of Mobile SEO
Mobile SEO is essential for three different reasons,
- People nowadays are more inclined towards searching on mobile. Numbers generated by Global Stats Counter revealed that 52.48% of searches take place on mobile devices as compared to 44.59% on desktops.
- Google also prioritizes websites that provide a seamless experience on mobile. Thanks to its dominance, it is important to consider its mobile-first index rollout.
- Clutch, one of the leaders in B2B ratings and reviews, has found that many internet users use smartphones to access voice assistants. Also, people who are open to using voice search are open to brands sending them relevant information.
Essential Mobile SEO tips for ranking better on mobile devices
Now, when you know the importance of a mobile-optimized website, it is time to dive into some essential mobile SEO tips that could change the course of your website ranking.
Tip 1: You need to confirm that your site is mobile-friendly
Google offers several tools that can help you determine whether your site is mobile-friendly or not. One of these tools is the mobile-friendly test.
Google Console is another way to know if the site is mobile-friendly. Google Console check for crawl errors. Search engines index your site with the help of crawling. In case if they can’t crawl, your content will not appear on the SERPs.
Tip 2: Try improving your site speed
Speed is another mobile search ranking factor that gained immense popularity after the 2018 Google speed update. This update took a toll on the pages that loaded slowly, as Google wanted pages to load quickly. It is imperial to work on the speed of your page loading so that it doesn’t miss out on rankings without any if’s or but’s. Here are some of the best practices to improve your page speed,
- Minimize the HTTP requests
- Compress and optimize images
- Upgrade your web hosting
- Enable browser caching
Tip 3: Try to make your website design web responsive
With a responsive design, your website could change dynamically depending on its access. Your website will be looking different depending on the device it is opened. These devices include Tablet, Desktop, or Mobile. The site responsive design will change either by text or content. To optimize your website design responsiveness, you can,
- Scale images for mobile users
- Have an easy to view navigation menu for mobile users
- Avoid any sort of pop-ups that cover the whole screen
- Make your CTAs visible
- Shortening your text will help a lot
Tip 4: Be consistent with what you provide on your website
Customers love a nonlinear journey. They appreciate websites that consistently provide them content and information they need. Yes, consumers are dispersed in terms of thinking and mindset. Many of them use a single channel to start and end, and then there are many who start with one channel and end on the other.
Numbers suggest that 64% of consumers have used various devices to start and complete transactions. Therefore, you need to be sure that your users can access both mobile and desktop versions of your site seamlessly.
Also, Read – The Importance Of Mobile Responsive Websites In SEO
Tip 5: Optimize content for mobile
Final and perhaps the most important of them all, you need to optimize your content for mobile. People are prone to their smartphones and have made them a part of their lifestyle. Therefore, people conduct their research on mobile devices rather than desktops.
To ensure that visitors spend more time on your site, it is better to optimize your content and make them stick to your website. Mobile content optimization best practices are like mobile SEO tips. These tips include:
- Dive into a mobile-first mindset
- The sentences used in the content should be clear and precise
- Headlines should be short and eye-catchy
- Meta descriptions should be short and should incorporate the relevant keywords
- The paragraphs should be separated with ample spacing
- Better use of keywords is necessary for optimizing the content
- Also, try integrating videos and visuals
Time to wrap up:
I hope these Mobile SEO tips would do wonders for your website and help them rank better in the mobile rankings. Optimizing a website is essential, and also work on improving the user experience on your website so that the visitors could stick for long.